Sunday, November 25, 2012

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts 
and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:6-7

This scripture has been a favorite of mine for as many years as I can remember.  What it says to me is this: I am allowed to tell God about everything in prayer as I thank Him for His presence and work in my life. I can tell Him what I want. He will listen, He will give me peace beyond my own understanding as I wait for Him to answer and He will guard my heart and mind in the power of Jesus.

Tonight as I write, I have information that most likely we will not return to Eastern Europe until January for our court date. We will come home for our 30 day wait, then return in February to pick little A up and bring her home. 

We committed to adopt A on March 9th, 2012. So a homecoming in February is very good in the adoption world--less than a year. And while we had hoped to have her home for Christmas, our hearts have accepted that she will not be with us. However, I am asking that those who have followed our journey join with us and pray very specifically during these next weeks.

It is not impossible that we could go for court in December, and then pick up in January. Not probable, but not impossible!  I would like to ask that you, along with Rob and I, "let your request be made know to God." If you will, join with us and ask God to let us travel for court in December, and bring  A home in January. 

He will hear our prayers, no doubt. He is omnipotent (all powerful!) and He is able to work this miracle for us. And best of all, He is omniscient (all knowing!).  He has this all planned down to the moment we take custody of A (and beyond).

So we ask you to "ask" with us. And then we will wait for His perfect plan to unfold. Best of all, as we wait, we will have the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension.




2 comments:

  1. I will pray that God works at the best pace for you and A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/voice-of-the-child.html

    Praying for Anastasia and the thousands of waiting children. Please Read, Pray, and Sign!

    ReplyDelete